17 of the best views in Queenstown, NZ
"Home to some of the most magnificent landscapes in the world"
Here are 17 of our favourite views found in and around the region. Whether you're on a tight budget and looking for some free things to do, or you have saved up for the trip of a lifetime, there is something for everyone here in this alpine paradise.
1. A winter wonderland on top of The Remarkables
2. Looking out over Lake Wakatipu to the striking Remarkables standing tall in the distance
3. Just a 45 minute walk to the top of Queenstown Hill, you're welcomed to views like this over Lake Wakatipu
4. This little gem is hidden along the Road to Glenorchy. There's a stream that joins the lake and is a perfect spot for picnics!
5. Horse riding through fields of lupins in Glenorchy
- just magical
6. Combine the ultimate thrill with a spot of sightseeing and throw yourself out of a plane over Queenstown
7. Head to the top of Bob's Peak for some of the best views in town - then take to the skies and go paragliding!
8. The enchanted moss-covered forest of Paradise
9. End your day by leaping off Coronet Peak in a hang glider! This is as close as it comes to feeling like a bird!
11. A typical New Zealand traffic jam. It's lucky the views are nothing short of breathtaking!
12. Take a walk along the Frankton Track. It's about an hours walk into town, and the views are surreal!
13. It's worth taking a scenic flight over Queenstown, the views of Lake Wakatipu from above really show just how surreal the blue water is...
14. Take the Skyline Gondola up to the top of Bob's Peak for a Luging adventure!
15. The world's greatest scenic flight - Queenstown to Milford Sound - absolutely breathtaking!
16. Looking out over the Wakatipu Basin after taking off in a helicopter from Queenstown Airport
17. The Remarkables, Queenstown's most iconic feature
18. Sitting on the slopes of the barren Coronet Peak, usually a ski field over the winter, and looking out over the Wakatipu Basin
19. Anyone that has flown into Queensotwn will understand how moving the experience can be. Rated one of the world's most scenic landings, the surrounding landscapes will leave you awe-inspired
We're keen to hear how many of these magic views you've been lucky enough to tick off your list...